Ducati launches title defender

, Posted by Sports Cars Fans at 10:37 AM

Ducati


The Ducati Desmosedici GP8 may have made its track debut during testing at the end of 2007, but the bike with which Casey Stoner will defend his MotoGP crown had its official unveiling on the snowy slopes of Madonna di Campiglio in Italy on Tuesday.
Stoner and new team-mate Marco Melandri ceremoniously broke an ice sculpture to reveal the new bike in its 2008 livery, before both took part in a press conference with the assembled media.

The conference began with former Gresini Hondarider Melandri revealing how it feels to wear official DucatiMarlboro Team colours for the first time.

Ducati

"I feel great in red!" he smiled. "I'm so happy to have become part of the Ducati family. I'd dreamt of riding a Ducati ever since I first saw one. When I tried on my new leathers yesterday, I felt quite emotional. I'm aware of the big opportunity I have been given this year. It's not going to be easy, but it will be exciting and I'm ready to commit entirely to reward all those who wanted me to be here.